To be considered for membership in Soccer Academy Alliance Canada, a prospective organization must meet the following criteria:
- The organization shall be a legal business entity (sole-proprietorship, partnership or corporation) established to provide soccer training and development programs to the Canadian public.
- All Members are expected to fulfill the following minimum standards.
1. Nationally Licensed Technical Director overseeing all Academy Technical Staff
2. All full-time SAAC members must commit to registering a minimum number of 6 teams as defined by SAAC
3. Qualified Speciality Staff
4. Goalkeeper Coach providing at least 50% of the technical training to goalkeepers
5. Minimum of $5M Liability Insurance to cover activities not sanctioned by SAAC
6. 3:1 Training Time/Playing Time ratio over a full season
7. At least 1 SAAC Provincial Level 1 Coach for every two SAAC teams
- See Coaching Standards & Equivalency Chart
- Can be more than 2 teams across 2 age groups if total players is 40 or less (U12 and under only)
8. Risk Management/Staff Screening Policy, including mandatory police checks for all staff
9. Minimum number of full-time players (i.e. no parallel club activities) as defined by SAAC